Golden Corner Chainsaw Classic Results
I really like Walhalla.
It’s a nice little town and the course there at Sertoma Park is great.
If it didn’t take more than an hour in travel time I think I’d play that course a lot. It’s VERY hilly. Actually, picture a single giant hill in the center of the course with all the holes around, up, down, and over that one big mound.
It does make for some creative downhill shots and at least one, hole #3, 400 foot downhill shot that most players will have fun reaching.
The Chainsaw classic was my first ever round on the course and I think it went O.K.-ish.
I did step down to the Recreation division which, according to my rating, is where I’m supposed to be anyway. I finished 3rd, despite a complete meltdown late in my first round.
So, here are my recap notes :
- First, here are the actual results on the PDGA website.
- I also want to congratulate a friend who was in my group both rounds, Bennett Thompson, for both winning and for firing an outstanding round one 48!
- The Open Pro winner, Luke Reiser, shot the best single round of the event with a first round 41! Yeah, that beat me by 17 strokes!
- There was a separate ace pool for each round. There were two aces in the first round. One of the guys who hit an ace didn’t enter to pool. Shame.
- Kudos to Adam “sadjo” for running a really well-managed event. I know he would have liked to play, but by focusing on his TD role he really kept it going well.
- We couldn’t have hoped for better weather that Saturday. Absolutely Perfect.
That’s what I got. Enjoyed it as always. The next tournament I play will be the Big Island Open in Hawaii!